Thursday 16 June 2011

No battle plan survives contact with the enemy...

... and no heartfelt and sincere resolution by a wargamer can survive contact with the .... oooooh look, shiny.

I'd started out trying to focus on the 15mm modern stuff, but while sorting through some old boxes at my parents house I came across my old G.A.S.L.I.G.H.T. VSF collection, including several boxes of steampunk contraptions in various states of completion. The charm of a more civilised age, the shiny and colourful uniforms and the wacky contraptions really got the creative juices flowing. So rather than fight it I'm going to change horses mid-stream and switch to getting some of my 28mm VSF figures and conveyances completed. I have a unit of 10 British in Home Service Uniform from redoubt, white primed and 8 of them with their jackets painted. If I complete them now they will have taken about 8 years to paint .

No comments:

Post a Comment