Last night I started cutting out the doors and windows for the second slum building, this one being double the width of the first to make it a proper terrace. But I found cutting all those shapes out of foamcore seriously unfun, so on a whim I started a third building, this one using cork tiles as the primary material. The cork cuts a hell of a lot easier than foamcore, and the basic shell of the building was thrown together in super-quick time. This morning I've covered the front and back walls with brick paper and so far there doesn't seem to be a massive difference in appearance between the foamcore building and the cork one. The long walls are possibly bowing a little more, but that should sort itself out when the frame is glued to the base and the roof fitted.
Project priorities right now are (1) the slums and (2) the Fenians. Need to try to keep focussed.
(PS: My problems focussing are probably not helped by the fact that I've got this song from Flanders and Swann stuck going round and round in my head)