It would have been nice to have made some real progress on the Fenians for St Patrick's day. Sadly no battle plan survives contact with my father, whose ongoing project to redecorate the house took precedence last week and in fact saw me rudely evicted from the room in his house where my painting station is setup!
Instead I've found myself tinkering with odds and sods. I bought some electronic tealights and made some fire/explosion markers within them. It's mindbogglingly simple and quick to do for a very cool effect. There are plenty of sets of instructions on how to do this around the web, such as this video, so I'm not going to bore you with the details.
I also started working on a set of canal lengths. I'm not happy just using rivers to represent canals, especially if they're going to be heading into or through the city terrain. I worked out a design that looks more artificial, based on vinyl floor tiles and using foamboard to build up the banks, but ran into a bit of a problem with the edging stonework. To be continued.
I've also been thinking an awful lot about VSF flyers, something that's been missing from our current games. While I've not done anything solid yet I've been working on the design of some airships (for the Germans) and Cavorite/liftwood/handwavium aeronefs (for the British). I'm going over and over the the construction techniques in my head, so that when time comes to put knife to foamcore I'll know exactly what needs to be done.
Finally, for some reason that I can't fathom, a couple of days ago I started assembling the Amera Plastic Mouldings "Ministry" building. It's an absolute brute, and looks set to dominate any terrain layout it's used on.